Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 459 calories
- 45 g protein
- 13 g carbohydrates
- 25 g fat
- 2 7 oz salmon steaks
- 4 pickled beets
- 4 cups spring mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place 2 salmon steaks on an aluminum foil sheet, cover with ½ tbsp olive oil, and coat with salt and pepper
- Place the sheet in the oven and cook for about 15 minutes or until you can cut into the salmon and the meat flakes
- While in the oven, place 2 cups spring mix into 2 large salad bowls and evenly drizzle with ½ tbsp olive oil each
- Take your pickled beets and place into a bowl
- With a fork, press down into the beets breaking them into smaller chunks
- Evenly pour the beets and remaining juices over the spring mix along with olive oil
- Once the steaks have cooked, remove the salmon from the oven, and tear apart into flakes within each foil wrap
- Sprinkle the salmon flakes into each bowl and evenly top with 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salmon needs to be a staple of everyone’s diet. It is a nutritional powerhouse, tastes delicious, and can be paired with both sweet and salty flavors. That versatility is something I wanted to play with in this recipe! But, to make it simple, I decided to only include three big ingredients.
Of course, I wanted those ingredients to not only pack a powerful punch in terms of flavor combination but to also benefit my body in a specific way. The salmon provides my body with healthy omega-3 fatty acids that are healthy for the cardiovascular system, neuronal function, immune system function, and longevity. This means a healthy heart, improved cognition, a stronger ability to fight disease, and more from one of the tastiest meats on the planet.
Along with that comes the benefits of the vegetables. Spring mix is made up of 16 fresh greens and lettuces of varying tastes and textures, including: red romaine, baby spinach, radicchio, green romaine, red oak leaf, mizuna, red leaf, lollo rosso, arugula, red mustard, green mustard, red chard, frisee, and tatsoi. Variety is key when it comes to an optimal diet, so if you can please make sure to buy vegetable mixes like this!
Anyways, these vegetables offer an assortment of different health benefits from significant amounts of most vitamins including: A, C, E, K, and Folate. Even better, these greens all include trace amounts of the remainder of the vitamins as well as minerals, thus why this salad is a nutritional powerhouse just with two grocery items alone.
Lastly, you really need the pickled beets in here to finish off with a delicious flavor. But beyond that, the beets offer some wonderful health benefits as well by providing the body with nitrates that help improve blood flow, cardiovascular function, and fight inflammation.
Not only do I want you to try this recipe for the sake of the nutritional benefits, but I also wish for you to witness the taste of a simple 3 ingredient recipe like this one. Please try this out, let me know how it tastes, and let me know how it makes you feel!