Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 386 calories
- 32g protein
- 23g carbohydrates
- 18g fat
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 400g sweet potato (peeled, diced)
- 2 cups vegetable blend
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp calorie-free BBQ sauce
- Olive oil spray
- BBQ seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and cube the sweet potato
- Evenly place all chicken thighs, sweet potato cubes, and vegetables on a sheet pan and coat with 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and olive oil spray
- Sprinkle desired amount of BBQ seasoning over everything and place in oven
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until done
- Take out and cover with BBQ sauce
One day I was browsing my local Hyvee grocery store and came across a calorie-free barbecue sauce. Of course it was Walden Farms! Now, I’m not normally one for barbecue, which is surprising given I grew up in the country, but for some reason it tickled my fancy.
I ended up buying the hickory barbecue flavored sauce, and got excited to try it out with my FlavorGod BBQ seasoning that my girlfriend got in a bundle pack for me for Christmas! So I hurried home, hungry as hell, needing to whip together something easy and tasty before I got too hangry to function.
I had luckily set out some chicken thighs to thaw that morning, pulled out my favorite frozen vegetable mix, and cubed a sweet potato to mix together. As my oven began preheating, I simply threw everything onto a sheet according to the instructions I listed above, and started salivating at the smell of the tasty barbecue sauce I was about to experience.
To my surprise, the sauce was just about as good as any barbecue I could remember, only calorie-free! I proceeded to chow down on 1/4 of what I prepared, and saved the rest of it to eat throughout the week.
This recipe really was simple to make, with little to no skill or effort. If you really want a good barbecue flavored meal that isn’t the typical marinated chicken or pulled pork recipe, this is super simple way to mix it up while being healthy! And I would recommend it to anyone looking to meal prep or cook for a party, because you can make a lot of it in a short amount of time!